Primary responsibilities include component(s) ownership and work on design, develop, and debug various software components and tools for IOT/embedded Linux development. You will work on complex software related to embedded Linux, e.g. systems software, software development tools, application/security frameworks, and BSPs / kernel development. Must be able to work directly with external companies, open source communities and across business units within Intel.
An ideal candidate would exhibit behavioral traits that indicate:
- Good communication skills
- Ability to handle ambiguity and efficiently prioritize tasks
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferredqualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through relevant previous school, industry jobs and/or research experience.
- Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Computer Science or a related field with a minimum of five years of relevant work experience.
- Deep knowledge and hands on experience of Linux system software development with build configuration and customization is a must.
- Must understand open source development methodology and practice.
- Deep knowledge and experience in any of following - networking, tool chain, graphics, virtual machines, e.g. qemu, security/application/sensor frameworks, container/cloud technologies, software update and remote management.
- Able to work in a cross geographical team environment is.
- Prior embedded Linux software development is a plus.
- Prior contributions to open source project is a plus.
- Experience in maintaining an open source project or experience as a package maintainer is highly desirable.
- Prior working experience using agile development process is highly desirable