Our client designs and builds award-winning telecom networks that power connectivity for major urban areas, smart cities, rural areas, mass transit, and large venues. Over their past decade of success, they have built thousands of miles of fiber, cell towers, rooftop installations, and small cells. Their network assets are valued in hundreds of millions of dollars, with a strong nationwide presence in the wireless market. They are hiring a VP Business Development to expand the company's footprint nationwide.
The VP Business Development will have the opportunity to step into a thriving, high-demand networkinfrastructure market that is expected to double in the next 15 years. This person will play a key role in expanding the company's infrastructure, including fiber optic networks, broadband, wireless backhaul support, smart city technology, and more.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive compensation and full benefits package, including base salary, uncapped commissions, medical benefits, and large company expense account.
- Opportunity for promotion to senior VP within 3 years.
- High-performing executive leadership with over 100 combined years of industry experience.
- Flexible work-from-home options.
- Extensive sales support resources: lead generation, sales engineers, project implementation team, paid referrals, company-funded market research, and more.
- Company has millions of dollars in network assets and strong partnerships nationwide, including major US carriers.
- Outstanding capital resources: can build anywhere.
- Industry experience in the dynamic, high-growth telecom network space.
- Strong customer focus and many awards for quality customer experience and product integrity.
- High employee tenure in sales department.
- History of investing in employees and prioritizing career growth.
- Prospect and close long-cycle sales for networkinfrastructure builds within target markets.
- Develop and execute sales strategies to disrupt the telecom networkinfrastructure market.
- Wine and dine clients and establish sales relationships.
- Sign off on pricing for major network builds.
- Accompany sales engineers and project managers to high-profile client meetings to demonstrate network solutions.
- Collaborate with other sales and marketing team members to create sales forecasts and reports.
- Develop plans for customer acceptance and integration with existing networks.
- 15+ years of technical sales experience in the wireless/telecom industry. Technical background in telecom is a strong plus.
- Strong existing business relationships with major carriers.
- Experience selling existing network capacity, as well as new networkinfrastructure builds.
- Technical understanding of fiber network technologies, including:
- Fiber optic networks
- OSP and FTTT (fiber-to-the-tower)
- Wireless broadband
- Network deployment and construction
- Bachelor's degree.
- Excellent technical presentation skills. Comfortable working with high-level municipality and enterprise decision-makers.
- Some travel.