The Virtual Designer requires knowledge and proficiency in creating complex Mechanical BIM models required for the installation of Mechanical Systems.
- Creating 3D BIM piping models directly utilized in the construction of plumbing, HVAC and process systems.
- Create constructible design documents from contract drawings and specifications in collaboration with owner, engineers and other constructiontrades
- Review construction documents, product literature, specifications and equipment cuts.
- Survey and field measure existing buildings, structures and equipment
- Join a growing engineering department dedicated to implementing state of the art technologies
- Monitor and support the other members of the team to promote continued learning and growth throughout the department.
- Coordinate complex mechanical systems with other trades in a virtual environment
- Attend jobsite coordination meetings to resolve conflicts with other trades to create a fully coordinated construction effort.
Shop Drawings & Asbuilds
- Understanding of General Construction and MEP industry
- Knowledge of Autodesk AutoCAD Fabrication CADmep, Autodesk Navisworks Manage, Autodesk Revit, Bluebeam Revu and Microsoft Office
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excel at working in a team environment and possess strong leadership qualities
- Self-motivated with excellent communication skills
- Organized and logical
Education and Experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Must be comfortable working with architects, engineers, general contractors, subcontractors and vendors
- CAD or Autodesk certifications a plus
Physical activity not limited to, walking, bending, kneeling, lifting up to 40lbs. and sitting for periods of time