Position Title: Senior Vice President, Sales ? Sales Management Executive
Reports to: President & CFO
Subordinates: Regional Sales VP's, Strategic Account Executives, Inside sales, Tele-lead generation Representatives.
Our Company is the industry leading healthcare payments company and our mission, "We simplify healthcare payments" says it all. Built around the values of integrity, accountability, collaboration and empowerment, the Company team delivers provider payments, premium payments, quality incentive communications and patient payment products to both the health plan and provider markets. A rapidly growing, profitable, private equity backed innovator, Company is looking for a SVP Sales to lead Company's growing sales force and create the sales organization of the future.
The Senior Vice President, Sales position is a part of our Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and is responsible for establishing and meeting the sales and customer contract renewal targets to achieve company objectives. They are also responsible for developing strategic sales plans based on company goals that will promote sales growth and customer satisfaction for the organization. This executive must employ many skills to be successful, such as proper delegation, planning, conception, and implementation of strategic sales plans. Working closely with senior leadership, this executive will also have a direct role in all revenue and COGS annual budgeting as well as on-going mid-yearforecasting. They must also evaluate their sales team and make changes as necessary. Additionally, the senior vice president of sales assists in high-level sales projects for Company. They also provide support when a sales negotiation is more complicated than usual, ensuring that negotiations are completed smoothly. This position will include prospecting for new clients, consultative selling, presenting to influencers and key decision-makers, as well as facilitating contracts and rates, building and maintaining payer relationships as well as attending approved industry forums and conventions. This position will need to interact with the entire C-Suite and Board level executives.
- Exercise deep healthcare industry expertise to assess and develop market and individual client opportunities.
- Develops annual sales plan in support of organization strategy and objectives.
- Directs implementation and execution of sales strategy, policies and practices.
- Ensures communications are coordinated, supports sales plan objectives and meets organizational expenditure requirements in conjunction with VP of marketing.
- Recommends sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses.
- Implements approved distribution strategies.
- Manages multiple channel selling strategies.
- Builds, develops and manages sales team capable of carrying out needed sales and service initiatives.
- Partners with Marketing to plan and execute Company engagement in industry conferences to drive growth
- Lead and manage field sales, account management, telesales and tele-lead generation teams to drive growth through health plans, providers and various industry intermediaries.
- Exercise strong personal sales skills to assist team members in prospecting, proposing and closing business.
- Work with our Company leadership, Information Technology, and Account Management teams to develop company specific contractual templates; negotiate rates and contractlanguage for execution
- Attend industry conferences and trade shows
- Demonstrate the ability to promote Company market awareness and growth through public speaking engagements
- Maintains awareness of and ensures adherence to our client's standards
- Plan, direct, and set the strategic direction of the sales program to maximize profit.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Technical Skills / Knowledge:
- Must have broad and deep understanding of the healthcare market with solid understanding of the claim payment, patient payment and premium payment segments of the market from both a health plan (payer) and provider perspective.
- Must have extensive C-level and senior VP level contacts within a broad range of small, mid-size and regional health plans.
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly learn and then sell Company's suite of solutions based on thorough understanding of the value propositions of interest to each buyer persona
- Familiarity working withCRM Salesforce.com, Hubspot and/or their equivalents
- Demonstrates strong understanding of payer and provider market needs associated with some or all of: ACA exchanges, value based reimbursement, ACH claim payments, patient responsibility and member engagement.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with MS Office applications (strong understanding of Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Works on assignments that are complex in nature in which judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems
- Demonstrated ability to lead and execute long term initiatives to develop a Sales organization's people, processes and technology to support a rapid scaling up of growth.
- Thorough knowledge of company and departmental policies and procedures
- Experience working with and presenting directly to a board of directors/majority investors
- Must be willing to become a role model of Company's values: Integrity, Accountability, Collaboration and Empowerment and to promote those values business wide.
- High accountability mindset. Take ownership of both the wins and the losses, and take action to get more of the former
- Requires minimal supervision
- Achieves personal and departmental production goals
- Regularly reviews departmental goals and objectives with CEO and President/CFO
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must work well with others both within a department and across other departments
- Ability to transfer knowledge to staff with different backgrounds, educational experiences and learning styles
- Effectively communicates ideas and information to others by giving and receiving feedback
- Actively participatesand adds value/input to meetings
- Motivates and encourages sales team members
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively interface with representatives from the payer community and all levels of staff
Education and Experience:
- College degreepreferred with a minimum of 10 years sales or business development experience in the health care payer sector
- Ideal candidate will have knowledge of the operational processes of healthcare payers with an understanding of their goals and objectives.
- Fast learner with the ability to operate within the highest levels of our target market
- Strong knowledge of MS Office products
- Travel ? up to 75%, including to each of our ATL and JAX offices
This position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package:
- 15 Paid days off in your first year
- 2 Floating holidays
- 9 Paid holidays
- Competitive Medical insurance plans
- Dental & Vision insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- 401k Plan with matching
- Life insurance options
- Education assistance
- Casual attire workplace
Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment at Company is based upon your individual merit and qualifications. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, protected veteran status or disability, genetic characteristic, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We will also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligationsunder the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job Type: Full-time