We are looking for QA Tester for our client in Columbia, SC
Job Title: QA Tester
Job Location: Columbia, SC
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- Our client seeks experts in Quality Assurance Tester - Advanced Testing of small to large projects for their department.
Daily Duties / Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performing tests on technical solutions to isolate and solve issues.
- Initiates tests, analyzes results, and finds solutions to technical problems.
- Develop test plans, QA and/or User Acceptance Testing processes and test cases for product management and software development teams.
- Design and support user interface testing application and regression testing software.
- Test software applications for reliability and stability.
- Implement testing programs to perform quality assurance on technical applications including negative testing and usability.
- Lead projects to perform quality assessments that expose security flaws, reveal defects and identify areas of optimization.
- Design and/or run automated testing scripts with oversight for deployment of tests
- Create quality assurance documentation and reports as required
- Adhere to established software testing governance policies, best practices and guidelines and recommend improvements
- Maintain database with product defects, user reviews, survey information and functional improvements.
- Coordinate with product development teams and software engineers to recommend solutions to maximize performance and efficiency
- Perform reviews, walkthroughs, or inspections and adhere to established governance standards.
Required skills (rank in order of importance):
The ability to:
- 5 years translating business requirements or policy documentation into test cases and scenarios
- 5 years building test cases and scenarios into test systems
- Document and support development of test scenarios/cases and the execution of testing activities
- Should be able to communicate and publish status reports of all open issues and gaps found during test phase and articulate the details to the Development teams
- Direct hands on experience with formal test design techniques like Equivalence Class Partitioning and Pairwise Analysis
- Experience with test design tools like PICT or equivalent orthogonal based tool
Preferred skills (rank in order of importance):
- 5+ years large enterprise or e-business systems experience.
- Deep knowledge of healthcare operations (preferably Medicaid), business processes
- Proficient in Atlassian tool suite including JIRA and Confluence
- Prior experience working in a standard SDLC (waterfall methodology) & in an AGILE delivery.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical, business, or related field. Years of experience can substitute for formal education.
- None required. Technical and/or Project Management certifications from recognized sources are desirable.