Program Manager, Globalization Strategy and Implementation
The Globalization team is responsible for translation and cultural adaptation of most things Netflix creates, from beautiful user interfaces to cinematic original programming. We treat each country we enter differently, since it is not just about translation, it is about providing our audience with an experience that feels local, and we do it at scale.
Our Strategy and Implementation team is looking for a seasoned Program Manager to manage high impact and strategic localization programs and projects as we scale. Working with other localization leaders and cross-functional teams, you analyze and translate business, quality, and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint that delivers solutions driving maximum business impact.
These objectives could be of technical, strategic, or financial nature both internal to the team or with other stakeholders.
Utilizing a data driven approach, you will propose changes in processes, workflows, and standards as they relate to continuous improvement of globalization, and oversee the development and implementation of such changes in collaboration with delivery teams and stakeholders.
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvements, developing and implementing optimization strategies.
- Creating an optimized operations framework for our globalization teams to execute against
- Maintain a holistic view across all of Globalization and with cross-functional stakeholders to create a strategic vision with maximum business impact for Netflix as a whole
- Research and build knowledge in emerging media and localization technologies - be viewed as an expert and critical resource across multiple disciplines
- Partnering with Analytics teams to drive scaled experimentation in order to inform recommendations and roadmaps
- Establish KPIs for measuring program success, experimental results and ongoing operational performance
- Present findings and suggestions with ample justification and practical advice. Assist the business in implementing solutions and resolving any discrepancies
- 5+ years of consulting or large scale, multidisciplinary business program management
- Knowledge of localization and globalization tools, workflows, and technology, and other diverse business areas such as product development, finance, technology management, general business management
- Aptitude in creative problem-solving, and technical and engineering solutions; knowledge of continuous improvement or Lean methodology
- Ability to think globally in order to act locally
- Experience managing and utilizing large data sets to drive performance and process improvements
- Excellent financial modeling and analysis skills
- Outstanding presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills at the executive leadership level