Please be informed that Intel is proactively trying to find candidates for this position and that this position may not be available at this time.
Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Center Group (DCG) as a Networking Software Engineer!
As a Networking Software Developer, you will design, develop, optimize and maintain production quality high performance packet processing protocol software components spanning driver/control/data-plane software/firmware. Assignments include development of new programs and subprograms, as well as, enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Designing application, device driver, writing code, completing programming and developing and executing testing and debugging routines, and documenting work and results.
- Measure performance and optimize networking software components.
- Support hardware and software validation by providing problem solving skills in analyzing and fixing problems.
- Participate in design, code and documentation reviews.
- Develop and run unit tests.
- Develop user level and design level software documentation.
- Work cooperatively, efficiently and effectively with others.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Data Center Group (DCG) drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power nine of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or Computer Science, plus 6 years of related work experience, Master's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or Computer Science, plus 4 years of related work experience, or PhD in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or Computer Science, plus 2 years of related work experience.
- 5 plus years of experience designing/developing networking software components at driver, interface, protocol layer level for high performance devices such as routers, gateways, firewalls, or base stations.
- 4 plus years of experience with design/development of communication protocols such as TCP, IPv4, IPv6, IPsec, Ethernet, Radio Access Network protocols.
- 4 plus years of strong experience with coding in C in an embedded environment.
- 3 plus years of experience using test generator/analyzers such as TRex, Adtech, Smartbits or IXIA, WireShark.
- 3 plus years of experience using configuration management tools such as svn or git.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience developing at the kernel/driver level.
- Good understanding of modern Intel platform architecture and platform advancements in CPU microarchitecture, cache and memory, IO and virtualization, DPDK etc.
- Experience in networking workloads and network and system performance optimizations.
- Experience with hardware/software partitioning and network programming models, accelerators and I/O.
- Familiarity with concepts and standards related to SDN and NFV, Open vSwitch, OpenFlow etc.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies KVM, Xen, Containers.
- Familiarity with open-source project development cycles and contribution processes.
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem solving skills, and the ability to collaborate in teams.