The Logistic Quality Control Inspector is responsible for a complete range and depth of technical supply management operations; or to functions or subjects that are broad in scope or in difficulty. Responsible for following all applicable regulations, SOP's, technical manuals, PWS and all contractual requirements.
This position performs all aspects of quality control/ inspections related to technical supply management work (e.g., inventory management, storage management, cataloging, and property utilization) related to depot, wholesale, retail, local, C4I or other supply activities. Work usually is segregated by commodity area or function, and controlled in terms of difficulty, complexity, or responsibility. The work generally involves individual case problems or supply actions. This work may require consideration of program requirements together with specific variations in or from standardized guidelines. This Inspector position requires: (a) a thorough working knowledge of the governing supply systems, programs, policies, nomenclature, work methods, manuals, or other established guidelines; (b) an understanding of the needs of the organization serviced; and (c) analytical ability to define or recognize the dimension of the problems involved, to collect the necessary data to establish the facts, and take or recommend action based upon application or interpretation of established guidelines. Participates and help drive continuous improvement principles and practices. Enforces department and program policies and procedures. This Inspector provides guidance to management, supervisors and lower level supply personnel in regard to meeting quality standards.
• Eight years directly related work experience.
• Certificate from a vocational school or other recognized source with a major study in Material Management/Material Accounting/Inventory Methods or related field.
• Completion of the basic supply course, or equivalent.
• Possess a valid State Motor Vehicle Operator License.
• Ability to comply with all established methods, quality standards, and time schedulesapplicable to this position.
• U.S. Citizen.
• Previous or current CAC card holder preferred.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain Common Access Card (CAC) requirements.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain local base access.
6. Work Habits
7. Stress Tolerance
8. Customer Service
9. Technical Skills
10. Attention to detail.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.