Localization Project Manager
Localization at Netflix is centered around linguistic excellence, a great team environment, and cutting edge technology. We are responsible for the translation and cultural adaptation of everything Netflix creates, from beautiful user interfaces to cinematic original programming.
We deliver explosive, innovative marketing campaigns to press releases that appear in the biggest media outlets in the world. Our work is not just about translation, it is about providing our users with an experience that feels local.
Netflix is a global product and our Globalization team needs to scale to support that. We are currently looking for a Localization Project Manager to help bring the Netflix experience to international markets.
As a Localization Project Manager, you work with one or more Localization Program Managers for our different product components or content verticals. You are responsible for all elements of the localization workflow from request creation to job completion, either on a title level, or a feature level.
A successful candidate is a highly motivated individual who works comfortably and autonomously in a fast-paced environment. You have a demonstrated ability to manage priorities and projects, with the right mix of organizational and communication skills.
You will use your localization experience and education to:
- Manage localization projects and requirements across internal and external vendors and freelancers
- Work cross-functionally with Netflix stakeholders to identify critical business blockers and collaborate on providing solutions
- Oversee end-to-end localization workflow using our translation management tools and systems
- Identify and manage project risk through prioritization, bug management, and other available options/remedies
- Manage independent projects within the program or a closed-scope program
- Drive high quality output from localization vendors & freelancers
- Oversee the localization budget for your projects through gathering data on the cost, timeliness and quality of your projects
- Participate in project kick offs & vertical meetings with cross-functional groups for planning
- Manage & train vendors, translators and reviewers
- Evangelize Globalization to stakeholders
- Support Innovation initiatives like A/B Tests, localization task forces, including discovery, deliberation, pivoting, visibility for results, analysis & workflow optimization
- Bachelor's, or Master’s degree, in Localization, Language Studies, or International Studies
- 5+ years of prior localization project management experience, working on projects that involve language launches, software, creative content and/or subtitle localization
- Working knowledge of industry standard localization tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Experience working in an internet company
- Bias to action, proactive & innovative by nature
- Strong attention to detail