Executive Assistant, Marketing
At PlayStation, we strive to invite, inspire and challenge our gaming community, as well as our employees, to achieve their greatness. The PlayStation brand is a cultural force, a symbol of great narrative, incredible entertainment, and the best games to play. With an ascendant brand that touches all areas of culture, the fastest selling console in history, and a gaming fan base that is growing exponentially, now is a great time to consider a career at PlayStation, where Greatness Awaits!
The Executive Assistant will report to the Vice President, Marketing to provide extensive executive administrative support. The person in this role will need to be an experienced problem solver given complex calendaring and heavy travel planning. Additionally, this role will be a key contributor to a dynamic global team of brand marketers. The ideal candidate will have exceptional communications skills and be resourceful in building relationships across the larger SIE organization.
We are seeking a driven, detail oriented, experienced professional to be part of a high-performing global team. The position will require high levels of collaboration and communication in a fast-paced matrix organization. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated exceptional performance of administrative activities with professionalism, discretion and judgment.
- Ensure a strong understanding of team and executive priorities in order to manage calendar as effectively and efficiently as possible. Manage day-to-day schedules in such a way that the executive is able to complete their obligations in an organized, efficient way.
- Function as a communications hub for department, staying current on team travel and holiday schedules with ability to locate and contact team members as needed. Serve as the executive’s liaison with the department, identifying communication opportunities / needs as relevant
- Conduct a timely flow of information, obtain signatures and authorizations, and manage correspondence flow for the Executives
- Liaise effectively with your global Executive Assistant counterparts and build strong working relationships with a wide range of company stakeholders
Meeting & Event Management
- Coordinate internal and external meetings for multiple executives
- Create meeting briefing materials and presentations; retain meeting minutes from key team projects.
- Create, track, and update organization/team related projects and documents on a monthly basis
- Provide logistical support for team meetings, events, and conferences, working in collaboration with Facilities, IT, and external parties as needed.
- Submit accurate expense reports in a timely manner adhering to SIE policy.
- Arrange all domestic and international travel accommodations, including potential itinerary or schedule changes on short notice.
- Serve as a helpful knowledge base for staff within the department, especially for process and procedures, and provide assistance in a hands-on, proactive manner.
- Support office space planning needs as growth occurs within team and work closely with hiring managers, and the facilities team to make necessary adjustments.
- Process catering, office supplies, and other miscellaneous orders as needed
- Support the marketing department as needed for shipping and receiving, processing invoices and purchase orders, submitting contract requests, and adding new vendors
- Strong oral and written communication, including the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with senior leaders and external partners
- Presentations: Ability to create compelling presentations with design sensibility and impact.
- Ability to stay calm in a fast-moving environment, and adapt quickly to changing priorities. And to manage multiple projects, work under pressure, and consistently make deadlines
- Relationships with Others: Works collaboratively and effectively with senior executives, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside of the company; capable of bringing people together.
- Global Interaction: Efficiently manage complex schedules across multiple time zones to coordinate operations globally.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- A.A./A.S. degree or equivalent, Bachelor’s degreepreferred
- 8+yrs of business experience, 5+ years of providing administrative support to 1 or more executives, including Vice President Level executives.
- Experience with support a team of 25+ with a global footprint
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Process-oriented, with attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a fast-moving, dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently on difficult projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality/discretion
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a friendly, outgoing, and flexible manner
- An interest in interactive entertainment/gaming industry
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.