Section 1: Position Summary
To provide primary administrative support to the President and CEO and other members of the Executive Team as needed. Performs full clerical, administrative, and general office duties of a responsible and confidential nature. Frequently accesses highly confidential information and files. Communicates with contacts at all levels in the organization, industry, and community. Has an understanding of the roles for which they will provide support, in addition to the operations and procedures of the department and organization.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- This position will assume responsibility for completing complex administrative projects and for resolving complex support issues.
- Performs confidential, executive administrative functions.
- Answer phones for President and CEO and Executive team, as needed.
- Receives and screens telephone calls, letters, and/or visitors, answers questions and furnishes information such as referring individuals and/or problems to appropriate parties.
- Schedules appointments and coordinates arrangements for meetings, conferences and travel. Handles any technology needs related to these meetings.
- Prepares letters and memoranda for review including editing grammar, punctuation and spelling. Ensures internal consistency and conformance with Ascensus standards.
- Prepares regular reports, gathering and summarizing of data.
- Produces a variety of correspondence, reports, and presentations using the appropriate software for word processing, graphics and spreadsheets.
- Organizes and expedites flow of work and initiates any follow-up action.
- Handles all travel and prepares expense reports.
- Organizes and maintains files of correspondence and records, following up on pending matters.
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Ten years or more of experience in executive level administrative support.
- Strong verbal communication skills to regularly assume a broad variety of complex administrative duties without detailed oversight.
- Work with confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to analyze complex administrative details, establishing filing systems and assembling reports containing data from several sources.
- Respond to questions or requests of important callers.
- Thorough knowledge of office technologies including all MS software applications.
- Requires a high degree of independent judgment and discretion.
- The ability to meet multiple and concurrent deadlines.
- Possesses excellent analytical skills as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Motivated and innovative.
- Organized and articulate.
- Communicates instructions or desires to various individuals and/or departments, and furnishes and obtains information from others.
- Work requires an in-depth understanding of the overall company operations, its policies and procedures.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 6 million Americans save for retirement and college.