E - Commerce WebSphere Applications Manager
The DigitalTechnology Team is responsible for the development and support of E-Commerce websites globally. In addition, the team is also responsible for relevant Enterprise Web Application Development and Enterprise Systems Integration projects.
- Uses their creativity and knowledge to lead teams responsible for balancing and solving product design, development and data needs.
- Provide decisive and effective leadership for a team of seasoned developers skilled in Websphere Commerce
- Ability to manage a geographically distributed team of 8+ developers comprised of a combination of employees and contractors with both an onshore and offshore component
- Provide leadership, career development, and mentoring for the team
- Experience with estimation best practices and software development lifecycle management
- Role will often be involved at certain phases of the project lifecycle from intake to delivery and will be considered one of the team members that has primary responsibility that a solution is well-architected, operable, maintainable, and delivered on schedule
- Demonstrate leadership abilities to our brands with the deployment of software upgrades, enhancements and fixes that are coordinated based on releaseschedules
- Coordinate release and sprint planning with developers
- Prior experience as an individual developer and manager where the focus was on designing and building advanced software solutions that scale across hundreds of servers and meet aggressive fault tolerance standards
- Work withotherInformation Technology teams to implement system improvements and standardization.
- In collaboration with senior management, develop and distribute management reports to communicate key performance metrics to the organization.
- Responsible for keeping pace with new releases for purchased applications including patch releases.
- Ability to set, measure, maintain/improve and enforce development standards and practices
- Ability to automate/improve procedures/practices utilizing DevOps practices and partners
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields (Computer Science, Engineering)
Work Experience Requirements:
- 8+ years of experience in various application development leadership/management roles
- Experience working using Agile methodology and in fast paced environment
- At least 5 years’ experience developing WebSphere Commerce solutions in both B2C and B2B (experience with another large ecommerce package such as ATG or Hybris may be considered)
- Strong knowledge of web application development using enterprise Java technologies and frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of specific Java technologies including JSP, JSTL, JDBC, Struts, and JAXB is preferred.
- Strong familiarity writing unit tests with JUnit is preferred.
- Strong familiarity using GIT for source code management is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of profiling techniques, memory management and performance tuning is preferred.
- Strong knowledge building WebSphere Commerce applications using WCBD is preferred.
- Ability to work independently, work in a fast-paced environment, and manage workload prioritization to deliver high quality work products on time with minimal direction.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills with the ability to handle conflict and to work with a distributed team.
- Ability to create business requirements documentation as needed
- Ability to manage multiple parallel work streams
- Ability to convert business requirements into detailed system design and technical specifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of self-motivation and initiative, and the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and quickly acquire proficiency with new skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively. This position requires courteous and professional communication with customers, co-workers, and management, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to establish effective, professional working relationships with co-workers.
- Commitment to quality and operational excellence.
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous experience in an agency environment
- Experience in Quality and Process Improvement, ITIL/ITSM, or leading an organization to the next level is preferred. Expert in process automation