We are looking for Dot Net Developer for our client in Columbia, SC
Job Title: Dot Net Developer
Job Location: Columbia, SC
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
Specific Programmer duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform complex programming functions, assistance, and technical advice including design architecture, configuration, writing, testing, and documentation to complex programming of agency computer systems as assigned.
- Modernization of legacy computer systems to ASP .Net MVC environment.
- Modification of existing computer systems to be compliant with agency security requirements.
- Migration and modification of existing computers systems in older environments to newer platform environments following industry best practices.
- Ensure maximum system uptime for critical components to ensure business continuity.
- Diagnoses, isolates and de-bugs software problems and performs problem resolution.
- Monitors systems capacity and performance, plans and executes disaster recovery procedures and provides Tier 2 technical support.
- Adheres to Information Technology application development standards and security requirements.
- All code to be checked in and out through code repository Tortoise SVN.
- Ensure applications are compatible in major web browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox, etc.).
- Ensure supporting system database connection strings are updated to supportdatabase migration from DB2 to SQL database.
- Add required functionality to existing systems to retire active mainframe forms and streamline backend process where possible.
- Prepare and maintain system documentation and architecture diagrams for applications assigned.
- Work in a collaborative effort to conceptualize total systems and/or product solutions currently in place and remediation to system environment residing at the State IT Data Center.
- Ability to plan, organize, review, implement associated project milestones to completion.
- Recommend and assist in the design of system architectures to align with organizational strategic business objectives.
- Requires mastery technical and business knowledge in multiple disciplines/processes.
- Provide updates to the Project Team.
- Assist with development of policies and procedures to conform and comply with agency standard cybersecurity policy design related to information risk management, designation of data as to criticality, confidentiality, and protection. (NIST 800-53, FISMA, SC InfoSec Requirements s, etc.)
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- SQL SERVER
- TORTOISE SVN
- RDLC REPORTING
- VISUAL STUDIO 2010/2012
- WEB SERVICES
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- AD-HOC reporting skills
- Administrative system experience related to human resource practices, Financial Billing, and data security practices for PI and PHI
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with technical staff, customers and others involved in data-centric management.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with security and data classification related to CDC, HIPAA, and CJIS.
- Knowledge of Information Technology Field, best practices, organization and operations
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a relevant field of work or equivalent work experience.