Director of Localization Program Management
The Globalization team is responsible for translation and cultural adaptation of most things Netflix creates, from beautiful user interfaces to cinematic original programming. We treat each country we enter differently, since it is not just about translation, it is about providing our audience with an experience that feels local, and we do it at scale.
Our team is looking for a Director of Localization Program Management - Content to lead our content localization efforts in the Netflix Globalization team. As the Director of Localization Program Management (Content), you will lead a team of managers who are responsible for the localization and subtitling team and workflows for different content types. You will work across large and diverse teams to drive the overall strategy and execution of localization program management for Netflix, resulting in successful global launches for Netflix original content and overall Netflix global experience.
- Work with cross-functional teams throughout Netflix to advocate for our global members, generate insights, initiate programs, and drive international experience and localization decisions related to content.
- Create strategy for the content program management team to ensure prioritization of effort and focus of resources to deliver against overall business objectives.
- Provide thought leadership by identifying areas for growth and improvement to scale the business, including new areas of focus and process optimizations.
- Advocate on behalf of the Localization team, building partnerships with key organizations including Product, Engineering, Marketing, PR, Content and Customer Support teams. Identify opportunities to increase an international mindset across the company.
- Create and continuously improve international launch process to meet current business needs and to scale to future requirements.
- Leadership and mentorship for internal localization program and project managers. Hire and retain top talent for the team.
- 15+ years of people and organizational management in a global enterprise environment. Background in the entertainment industry is a plus.
- 10+ years of Operations, localization, internationalization, international product development, or international business management experience.
- Ability to work effectively cross-functionally; demonstrated leadership, influencing, and execution skills at the executive level.
- Superior operational management and organizational skills with an ability to translate complex ideas into simple and intuitive communications.
- Demonstrated success in business analysis and strategic planning. Ability to make data and insights accessible to a non-expert audience.
- Proven effectiveness at delivering impactful presentations at the executive level; great interpersonal and communication skills.