When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $20 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we're uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How Will You Make an Impact?
The Controller for our North America API (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients) sites is the key player in the management and oversight of all financial and accounting activities at our three US sites. The role is responsible for all month end close activities, budget management, financial analysis, payroll, forecasting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and financial reporting. This person will also be in charge of managing and developing a team of five. .
This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional who thrives in a busy work place, and is well-versed in working closely with senior management.
The position will report to the Sr. Director of Finance for API, with a dotted line reporting into the site VP/GM's, and will serve on the Site Leadership Team and will be the financial leader in key site business decisions.
What will you do?
- Serve on the Site Leadership Team and as the financial leader in key site business decisions
- Manage the month end accounting close, ensuring accurate and timely results that are in accordance with US GAAP and the Thermo Fisher accounting policy
- Coordinate and consolidate monthly and quarterly financial performance reporting and presentations, including variance analysis
- Drive the annual planning process, providing analytics of consolidated figures, and risk and opportunity analysis; implement and manage models for the development of the annual operating plan and monthly forecasts
- Review and analyze internal financial data to identify issues, opportunities and trends to provide business owners and senior leaders with financial analysis input that will drive decision making including project profitability, productivity analysis, and return on investment
- Collaborate on major investment proposals to ensure timely execution of the strategy and limitation of riskassociated with delay or lack of investment.
- Install and maintain a proper control environment and culture to limit business risk and exposures.
- Ensure proper communication between Corporate, BU and Site financial communities.
- Leadership of people to implement change, understand consequences and obtain commitment through coaching, training, and clear objective setting to meet the site's short term needs and long term ambition. Develop department members to be key leaders within the organization. Build and sustain employee engagement by creating a culture of efficient execution and an environment in which individuals and teams can excel and continuously improve.
- Work closely with the business management leaders and others at the site to improve and optimize the Sales, Operations and Planning function.
- Collaborate with Global Business Services and the Corporate Accounting and FP&A functions
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls
- Maintains accuracy of standard costs
How will you get there?
- BS/BA in Finance or other related field
- 8-10 years of related experience with success in a manufacturing environment
- Life Sciences experience would be a plus
- Demonstrated strength in accounting and reporting
- Demonstrated analytical, forecasting and financial modelling skills, with the ability to translate complex situations into information that will support the profitability and growth of the business is required
- Strong financial analysisexperience with the ability to make recommendations to support development of the company's overall business strategy, acting as a true business partner to the site leadership.
- Strong management and employee development skills
- Strong systems experience. Advanced Excel expertise required
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Sell starter, self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Strength in the development and tracking of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and related operational analysis.
This position has been approved for relocation assistance.