The CFO, West region will have oversight and responsibility for all financial and operational functions within the West region. This position requires the West Regional CFO to participate in the development of financial and accounting strategies, objectives and operating plans to meet business growth and profitability goals. Additionally, the West Regional CFO will be required to manage the financial forecast and budgets to support the attainment of those goals and objectives in a way that is consistent with all legal and regulatory requirements.
The West Regional CFO will liaise with various departments within NFP (accounting, legal, operations, finance, M&A, technology) to ensure proper implementation and integration of regional initiatives, strategy and systems and will work consultatively with NFP West Regional Leadership in providing financial guidance and analytics.
The West Regional CFO will report directly to the CFO of NFP with dotted line reporting to the President of the West Region. The West Regional CFO will have direct oversight and supervisory responsibility of all West region Finance and Operations personnel and will utilize NFP Corporate resources to supportfinance and accounting processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, develop, organize, implement and evaluate the West Region’s fiscal function and performance.
- Work in conjunction with West Region leadership in the development of regional programs and initiatives
- Provide strategic advisory to regional and corporate management on operational efficiencies, financial policies, and business strategy
- Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the Corporation may enter; Provide information and advise on or negotiate the financial aspects of any legal dispute or action
- Create annual budgets and forecasts, including identify major drivers and opportunities/risks; update as needed
- Provide regular financialreporting and analysis to both regional and corporate management
- Analyze, understand, and explain to relevant parties year-over-year variations of actual or projected financial results
- Analyze, understand, and explain to relevant parties any variations of actual results from budget/forecast
- Advise on compensation of new hires, formulate and periodically updatebudget for additional payroll and new hires
- Ensure adherence to national financial and accounting standards and processes. Participate as a resource and subject matter expert with corporate management on best practice improvements in financial operations. Support national direction on P&C and Benefits finance and accounting functions.
- Where applicable, oversee policy creation and adaptation as it relates to Financial and Operational functions within the West, including but not limited to revenue tracking, client billing and invoicing, commission splits and producer payments, payables and expense processing and vendor agreements and contracts.
- Evaluate Finance and Operations team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness; Provide individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities of individuals
- Advise payroll as to monthly producer commission amounts
- Advise on and resolve any producer payout disputes or conflicts
- In collaboration with Integration Management Office (IMO), planning and execution of financial and operational integration of any regional sub-acquisitions
- Support carrier revenue optimization
- Oversight of daily cash receipts and bank account management and reconciliation
Bachelors or better in Accounting or related field.
Must be able to accommodate up-to 25% overnight travel.
Must possess personal and business integrity with an energetic style demonstrated by a positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
Must be a well-organized, self-starter who can effectively articulate business plans and deliver results.
Strong interpersonal, employee development, performance management and leadership skills.
Must be able to develop and create excellent planning, budgeting and forecasting tools to drive the profitable growth agenda while leveraging internal and external resources.
Demonstrated ability to identify and evaluate complex business problems and provide well thought out solutions.
Ability to collaborate and develop strong relationships with all levels of personnel within the organization.
Demonstrated ability to learn the business and have a business and customer centric approach to finance and accounting leadership.
Ability to effectively and professionally present financial information to senior management and corporate executives.
Must be able to develop, document and execute detailed budgets and forecasts and to provide financialsupport in the development of business plans.
Strong understanding of the financial management, forecasting, budgeting process and business performance measurement systems.
Must have experience with financial services, business services, professional services, or consulting type firms, insurance industry preferred.
Experience in a continuous improvement, highly collaborative and matrixed organization with the ability to lead process improvement and affect change.
10 years finance and accounting experience in a rapidly growing organization with at least 5 years in a senior managerial position.
Prior experience at the VP or Director Level, with corporate or business unit financial leadership, P&L, and balance sheet responsibility.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accountingrequired
Experience in overseeing the financial aspects of corporate acquisitions is a plus but not required.
Insurance industry, and specifically insurance brokerage with both property and casualty as well as employee benefits financial accounting experiencepreferred.
MBA or CPA a plus.