Make More Happen in a business-to-business sales career with Staples. Our sales team provides enhanced brand awareness for customers in the Healthcare, Education, Federal Government and Fortune 500 space by offering digital and offset print solutions as well as the largest assortment of promotional products in the country. Staples Business Advantage is an industry leader in providing office products to business of all sizes; our offering also encompasses a vast assortment of print, promotional, facilities, furniture and technology. The Print & Marketing IDN Development Director is a premier sales position on our Staples Business Advantage selling team that offers extraordinary earnings potential with uncapped commission opportunity. Staples provides training and career development opportunities to support energetic, self-motivated sales professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit. If you thrive on establishing, building, expanding client relationships and putting your customer first, come join our passionate Print & Marketing sales team at Staples. Are you ready to make more happen?
As a Print & Marketing Healthcare IDN Development Director in the healthcare category, you will be part of a team responsible for accelerating growth in the print & promotional products space. You will also be responsible for managing and selling new programs into the IDN and healthcare systems that are complex in nature, while selling within mandated GPO requirements. In addition, you will also be responsible for strengthening existing Staples print relationships which will lead to additional revenue for Staples and commission for you.
- · The IDN Development Director Healthcare Print and Marketing Services is responsible for driving approximately $1,000,000+ in new sales revenue via net new programs and by adding additional print revenue streams through existing assigned IDN’s and their members.
Impressive ability to develop, service, and manage a national/regional portfolio of high volume GPO members and healthcare clients.
Minimum 5 years of prior healthcare vertical work experience in the print industry, with focus on selling/managing print programs.
Dynamic individual who can function at a high level of performance, working in a very fast paced environment, and collaborate with customers, print operations, and sales management and support staff.
Successful experience selling, implementing and managing business programs to customers at the management, and senior management levels.
Ability to develop winning proposals, collect and analyze data, prepare and conduct client business reviews that lead to customer retention and profitable sales growth.
- · Represent the best of Staples Print & Marketing Services in promoting products, services, and commitment to customer satisfaction to support business retention and expansion
- · Establish, build and expand relationships with existing and potential customers at multiple levels in the organization
- · Facilitate relationship building and forums for direct interaction between customer leadership and Staples leadership levels.
- · Navigate regional and national purchasing agreements to sell print into multiple levels of the organizations
- · Schedule and attend face-to-face presentations with high level decision makers
- · Use a consultative selling method to identify customer needs and develop a value added proposition
- · Work collaboratively with print sourcing to assure accurate, timely, and professional delivery of customer's products
- · Implement a sales strategy to achieve revenue and margin objectives through new business development and growth of existing accounts
- · Partner with Staples Business Advantage Healthcare Sales team to sell print services to mid and large sized customers
- · Utilize Staples CRM system on a consistent daily basis to self-manage selling activity, contacts, deals, strategies, reporting, and communications
- · Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience
- · 5+ years business to business sales experience, Fortune 500 and Healthcare market experience a plus
- · Experience using technology – laptop, smart phone, outlook
- · Strong communication skills; active listener
- · Strong organization and time management skills
- · Comfortable with financial sales tracking and analysis
- Healthcare print experience a plus
- GPO/IDN experience (preferred)
- Ability to travel 50%
- Coachable, able to incorporate feedback
- · Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, and using a CRM (Customer Relationship Management tool)
- · Resilient - bounces back; adaptable - comfortable changing directions
- · Results oriented, driven by both financial and career opportunities
- · Comfortable making decisions without all the facts. Positive in nature
- · Previous experience in the copy, print, promotional and marketing field is a plus
- Dynamic individual who functions with a high level of performance, thrives in working in a very fast paced environment, and enjoys cross channel collaboration with sales teams and internal support groups
- Impressive ability to develop, service and manage a portfolio of high volume clients
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job number: 1008345