Software Engineer – Financial Systems
Staples is seeking dynamic individuals who combine superb technical, analytical and communication skills to join our Digital Solutions team to be part of the Frontier Application.
As a Software Engineer in the Staples Digital Solutions group, you will be responsible for technical development in focus areas that may include: Corporate Systems and Frontier Reconciliation System. Our development teams are fast-paced and responsible for delivering world class digital capabilities that are utilized across multiple channels. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our growing business.
• Actively participate in the definition, design, development, testing, support and implementation of software functionalities
• Troubleshooting performance, scale, availability issues for integrated solutions and debugging Production Problems when the situation arises.
• Hands-on engagements to help consumers successfully execute stress testing and get to deployment readiness.
• Hands-on assistance with Integration (code-reviews, code-samples etc.) and Tuning of the customer Application with company's technology.
• Providing assistance to prospects with choosing the right set of Products and designing the Application-integration right.
• Passion for technology: Active involvement on various technology communities, past track record of participation in seminars/forums, keeping updated on evolving technologies, awareness of thought leaders of the industry.
• Participate in scrum agile development process
• Work on efficient source code versioning, build and deployment practices with a goal of continuous deployment
• Advance problems toward resolution in order to avoid project derailment - despite potential obstacles, ambiguity or uncertainty
• Contribute to technical documentation where required
• Adhere to technical standards and best practices
• Understand, measure and monitor performance against operational metrics
• Embrace, recommend and apply new technologies as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, data science/analytics, data security or related technology fields
• Candidates, regardless of age, must be recent college graduates/entry-level individuals with less than one year of relevant work experience in software application design/development
• Core Java skills (especially collections, multi-threading, encapsulation, polymorphism)
• Strong problem solving skills
• Must have extensive experience in multiple SDLCs, including Enterprise Agile, SOA strategies, Open source technologies and other technology-driven business enablers
• Must be able to provide technical guidance and have strong technical skills in technologies such as:
• Rich Internet Client Technologies such as ExtJS and AngularJS, Bootstrap, CSS, SASS
• Java/J2EE, Application Servers such as JBoss/WebSphere/WebLogic,
• Open Source Frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate
• Databases such as SQLServer/Oracle,
• SOA – SOAP, REST, JMS
• SSO Technologies
• Secure Development Practices
• A strong background in object oriented design and development is required, as is a demonstrated ability to embrace and apply new technologies and concepts. Experience in Service Oriented Architecture is strongly preferred.
• Must be conversant in current industry architectural standards and best practices and able to drive technical/architectural vision.
• In-depth experience and expertise in enterprise software standards and technologies required
• Collaborative and flexible, with a positive attitude
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong time management and organization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
• Enthusiastic about generating new ideas, approaches and solutions to complex problems and opportunities
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job number: 1009167
Software Engineer – Financial Systems